Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mahi is 3

Mahi is going to be 3 on Saturday, Feb 20th. I know kids have birthdays all the time but this birthday is feeling like a really big deal to me. I can't really explain it but it has me very emotional. We have been able to enjoy a lot of firsts with Mahi but this one is a really big deal to me. Maybe because it's a day all about her. I also think I feel so emotional because it's her "birth"day. A day when the mom is usually there...a special day between the child and the parents. At each of Ella's birthdays I just recall the day she was born down to every detail from what Daddy fed me on the way to the hospital to the first time I held her in my arms. But with Mahi I wasn't there. It's a weird emotion and hard to deal with. It's just one of those "not so glamorous" parts of adoption. Here is what I do have... I do have the first time I saw her sweet hopeful eyes looking at me from the computer screen on October 22, 2008 and the first time I saw that tiny little frame walk to me a bit unsure on April 20, 2009 (unsure until Daddy gave her a sucker that is). Unsure is the last word I would use to describe our little peanut now! We are pretty sure she will be a professional entertainer one day or maybe a lawyer;) She exudes confidence. She truly is an amazing little girl! Well, thank you for listening. Talking about it is the only way I know how to deal with it. Talk, pray and focus on the positives.
Here is a little about Mahi...
Get to Know Mahelet Macie Morgan
“Mahi”
~Mahi is from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Africa
~Addis Ababa is the capital city of Ethiopia
~Mahi’s birth date is February 20th, 2007
~She came to Spring Hill, TN on April 24, 2009
~Her favorite color is purple
~Her favorite songs are “Like Jesus” by Mosteller, “Closer To Love “ by Mat Kearney and “Slow to You” by Daddy
~She loves Dora and oranges
~She likes all things electronic
~Her first language is Amharic
~The Ethiopian national dish consists of injera, a flat, circular pancake made of fermented dough. This is usually served with side dishes of meat, vegetables and spicy sauces.
~There are approximately 70 million people in Ethiopia
~Ethiopia is almost twice the size of Texas
~Coffee was first discovered in Ethiopia centuries ago

1 comment:

Kristi J said...

hey, guys..I can't find your email for some reason and kelly is in ethiopia..so no luck there :) Anyways, i sent Ty an email via his website to see if he was free next weekend to sing for AGCI (our adoption agency)when they come to town..They want to pay for it and such...just seeing if he was free...let me know if you didn't get the email..thanks and hope to see yall soon, kristi johnson
kristinedjohnson@comcast.net